Who supports us
Transparency International EU is an independent non-profit organisation supported by a number of public and private donors. Our funding can be unrestricted or tied to specific projects or programmes.
It is our policy to accept funding – whether monetary or in kind – from any donor, provided that acceptance does not impair our independence to pursue our mission or endanger our integrity and reputation. All potential sources and terms of support undergo a careful internal review to ensure TI EU’s absolute institutional integrity and independence.
Transparency International EU’s 2020 budget is around 1.2 mln euros. Our work is currently supported by the following grants:
- Transparency International Secretariat (150,000 EUR for core support in 2020)
- Adessium Foundation (450,000 EUR for core support in 2020-2022 // 150,000 EUR for the update of the EU Integrity Study in 2019-2020)
- Sigrid Rausing Charitable Trust (300,000 GBP for core support in 2018-2021)
- Open Society Foundations (300,000 USD for the work on Money and Politics in 2018-2020 // 150,000 USD for the update of the EU Integrity Study in 2019-2020// 300,000 USD for the work on asset recovery in 2019-2021)
- Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development, European Commission (256,800 EUR for our work on Anti-Corruption Advocacy for Sustainable Development in 2016-2020)
- Directorate General Migration and Home Affairs (178,479 EUR for the roll out of Integrity Watch tool in the EU in 2019-2020)
- Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy (150,000 EUR for the Clean Contracts project in 2020-2021)
- Democracy and Media Foundation (30,000 EUR for the update of the EU Tax Tracker in 2020)
- King Baudouin Foundation (20,000 EUR for the work on Money and Politics in 2018-2020)
Transparency International EU is a recipient of a Google Ad Grants award. The Google Ad Grants program distributes free in-kind advertising to registered nonprofit organisations.
More information on our funding and financial basis can be found in our annual financial reports and audits below: