Who supports us
Transparency International EU is an independent non-profit organisation supported by a number of public and private donors. Our funding can be unrestricted or tied to specific projects or programmes.
It is our policy to accept funding – whether monetary or in kind – from any donor, provided that acceptance does not impair our independence to pursue our mission or endanger our integrity and reputation. All potential sources and terms of support undergo a careful internal review to ensure TI EU’s absolute institutional integrity and independence.
Transparency International EU’s 2018 budget is around 1.4 mln euros. Our work is currently supported by the following grants:
- Transparency International Secretariat (100,000 EUR for core support in 2018)
- Adessium Foundation (380,000 EUR for core support in 2017-2019)
- Sigrid Rausing Charitable Trust (300,000 GBP for core support in 2018-2021)
- Open Society Foundations (300,000 USD for the work on Money and Politics in 2017-2018 // 159,537 EUR for the work on EU whistleblower protection in 2017-2018 // 140,000 USD for the Extractive Industries Transparency project in 2017-2018 // 100,000 USD for the work on the Eurozone Governance in 2018 // 300,000 USD for the work on asset recovery in 2017-2019)
- Luminate (300,000 USD for the Tax Transparency project in 2017-2019)
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation (240,536 EUR for our work on Anti-Money Laundering in 2017-2020)Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development, European Commission (256,800 EUR for our work on Anti-Corruption Advocacy for Sustainable Development in 2016-2020
- Directorate General Regional Policy, European Commission (249,824 EUR for the Clean Contracts project in 2016-2019)
- King Baudouin Foundation (47,500 EUR for the Integrity Watch project in 2017-2018)
Transparency International EU works with the corporate sector in the fight against corruption and the promotion of good governance in the EU. Friends of Transparency EU is an invitation-only membership platform. To support the Forum’s activities, members pay an annual contribution of between €5,000 and €7,500.
Transparency International EU is a recipient of a Google Ad Grants award. The Google Ad Grants program distributes free in-kind advertising to registered nonprofit organisations.
More information on our funding and financial basis can be found in our annual financial reports and audits below:
|Financial Report 2017||Audit 2017|
|Financial Report 2016||Audit 2016|
|Financial Report 2015||Audit 2015|
|Financial Report 2014||Audit 2014|
|Financial Report 2013||Audit 2013|
|Financial Report 2012||Audit 2012|
|Financial Report 2011||Audit 2011|