Transparency International EU is an international non-profit organisation, registered as independent under Belgian law (“aisbl”), with the full name “Transparency International Liaison Office to the European Union”.
We are part of the global movement of Transparency International with more than 100 national chapters worldwide and we are closely associated with the Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
We are non-partisan and do not take institutional positions. We alone determine our programmes and activities – no donor has any input into our policies.
In our daily work, we engage with officials and politicians from the European institutions and a range of other stakeholders in Brussels, sharing our vision and trying to influence decisions made at EU level. We are therefore registered in the EU Transparency Register (N° 501222919-71), the register of interest groups and lobbying organisations for the EU Parliament and the EU Commission.
The work of the Office is overseen by a General Assembly which determines the overall priorities and approves budgets and annual accounts. The General Assembly is comprised of seven senior managers at the Transparency International Secretariat in Berlin.
The General Assembly appoints an Executive Board which, according to our statutes, is responsible for the management of the office. The Board has the authority to appoint the Director and supervises his/her work. Staffing and day-to-day organisational management is the responsibility of the TI EU Director.
The Executive Board is comprised of three persons, currently:
- Robin Hodess, Group Director Advocacy and Research in Transparency International Secretariat (President). Register of Interest.
- Casey Kelso, Advocacy Director in Transparency International Secretariat (Vice-President). Register of Interest.
- Patrick Mahassen, Resources Director in Transparency International Secretariat (Vice-President). Register of Interest.
TI EU benefits from the general advisory support of:
- Dieter Frisch, Senior Advisor European Affairs and Member of TI EU Advisory Board; Former Director General for Development at the European Commission
- Yves Moiny, Deputy General Prosecutor, Belgian Ministry of Justice
Each staff member and volunteer of Transparency International EU adheres to our Code of Conduct.
Transparency International EU follows the Transparency International Conflict of Interest Policy.