Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s activities toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to help us promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU Institutions. The portfolio covers issues such as lobbying, ethics rules, transparency of EU decision-making and access to documents. The successful candidate will help drive TI EU’s research, advocacy and communications in this area.
Main function: Policy Assistant – Political Integrity, EU Institutions
Starting date: 1 September 2021
Type of contract: Full-time
Location: Brussels, Belgium (A mix of teleworking and office-based work is offered)
Salary and Benefits: 1636 EUR gross per month, 10 extra-legal days, work from home allowance, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support, hospitalisation insurance and bicycle benefit
- Monitor anti-corruption developments and trends in EU institutions and disseminate information across the global TI movement;
- Conduct research and analysis work of anti-corruption-relevant information, in particular data, trends and stakeholders;
- Assist in the implementation of TI’s EU campaign to increase transparency and integrity within EU institutions;
- Participate in the development and implementation of communications strategies using traditional and social (blogs, Twitter, etc.) media;
- Assist in drafting policy and issue papers on EU Political Integrity;
- Engage in outreach activities with EU institutions and relevant stakeholders;
- Helping to organize presentations on the work of TI, internal meetings and external events;
- Supporting the team in organisational and administrative matters;
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- University degree in European Studies, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, or other related field – or equivalent acquired through work experience;
- In-depth understanding of EU institutions and policy-making;
- An analytical, inquisitive and critical mindset;
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and a second EU language; other EU languages are a plus;
- Strong research and writing skills; experience in data analysis is an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft 365 suite of apps;
- Dynamic and creative self-starter; highly motivated, organised, and flexible;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work in a small, multi-cultural team;
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International.
TI EU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Applications should be submitted in English by completing the form below and include a CV and a cover letter.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 4 July 2021 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to take part in an online interview and a written test.
Please note that applicants must be a resident of Belgium or have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
We will only be able to contact successful candidates.
Applications are now closed for this position.