Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit association under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
We are seeking a highly motivated intern to assist the office with EU policy research. This role would touch on all areas of our work assisting in providing on demand research requests from senior team members.
Main function: EU Policy Assistant
Starting date: 4 September 2023
Duration: 6 months
Type of contract: Convention d’Immersion Professionelle under Belgian law
Location: Brussels, Belgium (A mix of teleworking and office-based work is offered)
Traineeship allowance: 1000 EUR gross per month, 10 days’ holiday, work from home allowance, internet allowance, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support, hospitalisation insurance, private accident insurance and bicycle benefit
- Monitor anti-corruption developments and trends
- Conduct desk research and investigative analysis of anti-corruption-relevant information, in particular data, trends and stakeholders
- Helping to organise presentations on the work of TI, internal meetings and external events
- Assist in the implementation of projects (including support for project management and project reporting)
- Assist the tracking of activities, impact and reporting to external actors
- Overall support to the office, including various administrative tasks
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- University degree or equivalent experience in European Studies, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, Communications or other social science-related field
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is a requirement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EU institutions and EU-level policy making
- Experience in policy research and analysis would be a plus
- Excellent organisational skills including proficiency in the use of the Microsoft 365 suite of apps;
- Considerable interest in the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International
Applications should be submitted in English by completing this form and include a CV and a cover letter.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 16 July 2023 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to take part in an interview.
Interviews to take place the week of July 17th.
Please note that applicants must be a resident of Belgium or have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
TI EU is committed to diversity in its staffing, including based on gender, ethnic origin, and disability. We encourage candidates with such diverse backgrounds to apply.
Due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Unless told by you not to do so, we shall keep your application on file for 6 months after the vacancy has closed. Applications older than 6 months are deleted in line with our implementation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on general data protection.