Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a background in executive support and office administration to join our support team. The successful candidate will provide support to the Director and the Management Team and support the administration of a busy office of around fifteen people. In line with Belgian government policy, the office is currently teleworking.
Main function: Assist Director and Management Team with executive support.
Type of contract: Full-time, with the possibility of 80%
Remuneration: 2550 EUR gross per month, 10 extra-legal days, work from home allowance, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support, hospitalisation insurance and bicycle benefit
Executive assistance to Management team
- Management and coordination of agendas and workflows, including on MS Teams;
- Handling correspondence including emails;
- Support of finance/accounting and other administrative and HR tasks;
- Organisation of work trips;
- Preparing and minuting meetings;
- Managing and monitoring European Parliament accreditation for team members;
- Ad hoc tasks as requested.
- Reception and guest welcoming functions;
- Managing the office public email account and main phone line;
- Organising logistics for meetings and events;
- Providing office support services e.g. ordering kitchen and office supplies, and ensuring an orderly work environment, as required;
- Assisting with the management of service contracts;
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Qualification and/or equivalent experience in administrative assistance
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and spoken) is a requirement. Written and oral tests will form part of the application procedure
- Dutch and any other languages are an asset
- Familiarity with relevant Belgian law and administration (e.g. accounting, labour, tax company law)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach
- Dynamic and creative self-starter; highly motivated, organised, flexible, comfortable in both taking initiative and working as part of a multi-cultural team, with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An interest in current and/or EU affairs is an asset
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International
TI EU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Applications should be submitted in English by completing the form below and include a CV and a short cover letter.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 4 July 2021 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to take part in an online interview.
Please note that applicants must be a resident of Belgium or have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
We will only be able to contact successful candidates.
Applications for this position are now closed.