Title: Consultant for the organisation of Integrity Pacts project final event
Application Closing Date: 12 December 2021
Start and End Date: 15 December – 28 February 2022
TI EU is part of the global anti-corruption movement, Transparency International (TI), which includes over 100 chapters around the world. We function as a regional liaison office, working closely with the TI Secretariat in Berlin. Our mission is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions and legislation. We lead the movement’s EU advocacy, in close cooperation with our 22 EU national chapters and other chapters worldwide. In our daily work, we engage with officials and politicians from the European institutions and other stakeholders in Brussels, sharing our vision to influence decisions made at EU level.
The Integrity Pacts project, funded by the European Commission’s Structural and Investment fund, is a pilot initiative launched in 2015 to explore the potential of civic monitoring in tackling corruption in public procurement in EU-funded investments. By promoting more transparent and accountable use of EU funds through Integrity Pacts – signed contracts between public authorities, companies bidding for a contract and civil society – Transparency International ensures that 18 major public contracts in 11 EU Member States are designed and implemented to the highest possible standards of integrity.
TI EU is seeking a consultant for the organisation of the final event of the Integrity Pacts project. The final conference will mark the end of the pilot project and will provide the opportunity for key stakeholders such as managing authorities of EU-funds, participating citizens and project partners to share field experiences, lessons learned, successes and challenges encountered. Three core project related outcomes are foreseen:
- Maintain the relationship among all stakeholders with a specific aim solidifying interests in Integrity Pacts at all levels of governance.
- Enhance knowledge of public procurement civil society monitoring schemes through the Integrity Pacts learning products, emphasising the complementarity between IP (Integrity Pacts) tools and policies to safeguard EU funds against corruption and fraud.
- Explore the potential of future Integrity Pacts
This tender is funded through the European Structural and Investment fund. All external communications materials must abide by the European visual guidelines for EU-funded projects.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TENDER
- Design, plan and manage a virtual conference, including opening plenary, two dedicated specialist sessions and a closing session.
- Develop a communications strategy and visual identity to promote the final conference
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
Applicants are expected to provide innovative solutions for holding a virtual conference, including live streamed panel discussions with strong online audience engagement. The conference running time will be 4 hours and will take place on the 10th of February (date could be subject to change).
Below an indicative timeline and expected deliverables for the performance of the contract:
First half of January 2022
- Develop concept and produce implementation plan
- Development of communications materials, including promotional video, social media messaging and dissemination strategy
- Launch a dedicated registration form and a visualisation of the programme and sessions.
Second half of January 2022
- Dissemination of communications materials on all available channels
- Dissemination of invitations to target audience (list to be provided by TI EU)
- Organisation of pre-event technical checks with speakers
- Provision, technical set-up and management of an online platform.
- Event to occur approximately 10th February
- Post event report, accompanied by relevant documentation (video recording event of event, attendees’ number, social media interactions)
- Optional: virtual exhibition highlighting project results and key milestones.
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Proven track record in organising high-level online events
- Relevant experience in developing innovative communications materials
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills essential
- Knowledge of EU institutions and EU regional policy and how these relate to the policy processes of EU member states desirable
REMUNERATION AND COSTS
The Consultant should provide their estimated total fee for the performance of this contract as a lump sum including VAT. The quote should not exceed 32,000 Euros total.
All objectives related to the IP final event must be completed during February 2022. Interpretation services are foreseen of up to 4 languages are foreseen using the interactio.io mobile application as an add-on to the main platform. All technical requirements to provide interpretations services will be under the responsibility of Transparency International EU.
The application should include the following documents in English:
- Business proposal with quotes
- Curriculum Vitae of personnel involved
- One sample of relevant previous virtual event organised
Please indicate “IP final event” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to Jennifer Boizumault at firstname.lastname@example.org by 18h00 CET of 12 December 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Guidelines for handling overhead
Regular overhead expenses associated with the Consultants maintaining their place of business, such as rent, telephone, utilities, or stationery, are included in the Consultant’s professional fee.