The Transparency International EU Office in Brussels (TI EU) is seeking a highly motivated intern for communications and for providing executive assistance to the management team on a range of routine activities as well as special projects.
The Transparency International EU Office is part of the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Together with more than 100 national offices worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI EU raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption at the EU level. The EU Office promotes transparency, integrity and accountability in EU policies and institutions.
Main function: Assist the Management Team and the Communications Officer
Starting date: 1 February 2021 or as soon as possible
Duration: 6 months (with the possibility of subsequent employment)
Type of contract: Convention d’Immersion Professionelle under Belgian law
Location: Brussels, Belgium (remote working for at least the first three months)
Traineeship Allowance: 1,000 Euros gross per month, plus working from home allowance, meal vouchers, mobile phone support, hospitalisation insurance and bicycle benefit
- Provide executive support to the members of the Management Team
- Assist in all aspects of the office’s administration
- Assist in preparation for executive board and general assembly meetings
- Take minutes in weekly staff meetings
- Develop communications and social media material for the launches of reports and project deliverables
- Assist in the development and implementation of “traditional” communications and social media campaigns
- Quality assurance of communication materials
- Maintain and update the TI EU website as required
- Create audio-visual materials for communication channels
- Liaise with communications officers in the wider TI network and keep National Chapters up-to-date with Brussels activities
- Liaise and coordinate the work with external stakeholders working on the project, such as web developers, copy editors and graphic designers
- Help plan and promote remote conferences, seminars, and other public events as required
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or equivalent qualification or experience in communications, journalism, political science, marketing, international affairs or other relevant fields
- Knowledge of / experience in traditional and social media communications
- A good understanding of EU affairs
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications
- Excellent communication skills in English (native speaker standard) is required
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress), mass emailing software, Adobe Creative Suite programmes and audio-visual production is a distinct advantage
- Dynamic and creative self-starter; highly motivated, organised, flexible, comfortable in both taking initiative and working as part of a multi-cultural team, with good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, anti-corruption issues would be an asset
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International
TI EU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Applications should be submitted in English by completing the form below and include a CV and cover letter, as well as a recent and concise example of professional writing you are most proud of (no longer than 2 pages of A4).
The deadline for applications is Sunday 17 January 2021 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to take part in an online interview and a writing test.
Please note that applicants must be a resident of Belgium or have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
We will only be able to contact successful candidates.
This vacancy is no longer open, we will be contacting shortlisted candidates soon.