Transparency International EU Office, Brussels, Belgium
Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
We are seeking a highly motivated, Hungarian-speaking policy assistant for its rule of law and protection of EU Financial Interests (PIF) work. The policy assistant will work under the supervision of our Senior Policy Officer responsible for rule of law issues.
Main function: Policy Assistant – Rule of Law & EU Funds
Starting date: 16 January 2023 or as soon as possible
Type of contract: Full-time
Location: Brussels, Belgium (A mix of teleworking and office-based work is offered)
Salary and Benefits: Grade I: 1975 EUR gross per month, 20 days statutory annual leave + 10 extra-legal days, work from home allowance, internet allowance, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support, hospitalisation insurance, private accident insurance and bicycle benefit
- Monitor anti-corruption developments and trends related to rule of law and PIF in the EU;
- Conduct desk research and investigative analysis of anti-corruption-relevant information, in particular data, trends and stakeholders;
- Assist in the implementation of TI EU’s campaign to increase rule of law standards in member states;
- Participate in the development and implementation of communications strategies using traditional and social (blogs, Twitter, etc.) media;
- Assist in drafting policy briefs and issue papers
- Engage in outreach activities with EU institutions and relevant stakeholders;
- Helping to organise presentations on the work of TI, internal meetings and external events;
- Supporting the team in organisational and administrative matters;
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- University degree in European Studies, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, or other related field – or equivalent acquired through work experience;
- In-depth understanding of EU institutions and policy-making;
- An analytical, inquisitive and critical mindset;
- Excellent knowledge of Hungarian and English (written and spoken); other EU languages are a plus;
- Strong research and writing skills; proficiency in the use of the Microsoft 365 suite of apps;
- Dynamic and creative self-starter; highly motivated, organised, and flexible;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work in a small, multi-cultural team;
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International.
Applications should be submitted in English by completing the form below and include a CV and a cover letter.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 11 December 2022 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to take part in an interview and a written test.
Interviews to take place the week of December 12th.
Please note that applicants must be a resident of Belgium or have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
TI EU is committed to diversity in its staffing, including based on gender, ethnic origin, and disability. We encourage candidates with such diverse backgrounds to apply.
Due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Unless told by you not to do so, we shall keep your application on file for 6 months after the vacancy has closed. Applications older than 6 months are deleted in line with our implementation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on general data protection.