Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
TI EU has been at the forefront of efforts to improve the integrity framework of the EU institutions through high-quality research and advocacy in the areas of lobbying transparency and ethics reform. We are now looking for experienced and motivated individual to lead a small team that will take this work to the next level. This is a particularly exciting time to take up this role, with a new European Parliament and European Commission to be established later this year. The Head of EU Integrity will be TI’s voice on these issues in Brussels and will be responsible for strategic planning, stakeholder management, line management and fundraising. The successful candidate will be tasked to deliver ambitious goals in the context of Transparency International’s global and EU strategies.
Advocacy, management, strategy
1 July 2019
Grade IV: ranging from 3959 EUR to 6317 EUR gross per month. Exact remuneration depends on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. An appointment is expected to be made at the lower end of this range.
Reports to the TI EU Director
- Lead and support an advocacy team
- Plan and deliver the advocacy strategy and manage related budgets, incorporating the results of regular evaluations in the work.
- Work closely with colleagues in TI EU to deliver overall strategic objectives of the Office; work closely with colleagues in the TI International Secretariat and TI national chapters to deliver defined advocacy goals
- Take part in TI EU management team meetings and help develop internal policies and programmes
- Line-manage staff, assist in the recruitment and staff development process
- Establish, maintain and grow a network of EU officials and policymakers in the relevant area, as well as other experts and stakeholders
- Represent TI EU publicly in the media on related advocacy
- Help fundraise for the TI EU Office.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Masters’ degree or equivalent, preferably in law, political science, economics or another relevant field
- At least five years relevant paid work-experience
- Experience of working with EU institutions
- Experience of working on issues related to anti-corruption, transparency and good governance, management of conflicts of interest, particularly in the public sector
- Project management experience and a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget; ability to contribute to development of organisation
- A strong track record of fundraising
- IT proficiency, especially with social media applications
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills essential
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French and/or German an asset
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and motivation letter. Please complete this form before 12:00 CET on 1 April 2019 to apply.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.