Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
TI EU is looking for a motivated individual with a background in accounting and office administration to join a busy office of 14 people as our finance officer. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, committed and dynamic team that is open to fresh thinking and good ideas. This is a junior position (Grade 2) initially but with scope for growth and development.
|Finance, administration, human resources
|1 March 2019
|Grade II: From 2.549,77EUR to 3.871,63EUR. We expect to make an appointment in the middle of the range, between 3 – 3,200 EUR, depending on qualifications and experience.
|Reports to the TI EU Director
- Timely and accurate execution of financial transactions
- Participation in project accounting process, including project budgeting and financial reporting
- Participation in organisational financial reporting and management accounting
- Maintenance and development of internal procedures
Liaison with external stakeholders (e.g. external accountants, HR and payroll companies in Belgium)
- Assistance with planning and budgeting process
2. Office administration
- Overseeing all aspects of the office’s administration and ensuring efficient processes are in places
3. Human Resources
- Monitoring and updating of Human Resources data
- Support to the recruitment process
- Contribute to staff induction
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies or a related field
- 2 years + of relevant practical experience in financial and business administration or related
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (written and spoken) is a requirement; other languages an asset
- Familiar with accounting software, such as MS NAV.
- Knowledge of project accounting
- Strong organisational skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and cover letter (no longer than 2 pages). Please send your application by completing this form by 10:00 am CET Monday 14 January 2019.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.