Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s advocacy toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a background in accounting and office administration to join our support team as an intern. The successful candidate will provide support to the Finance Manager and support the administration of a busy office of fifteen people. There is also the possibility of progression within the team at the end of the internship period.
Finance and Administration Internship (CIP)
01 September 2019 to 29 February 2020 (6 months)
TI EU Office, Brussels, Belgium
Under supervision of the Finance Manager
785 EUR per month, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support and bicycle benefit
Main tasks and duties:
- Liaise with financial accounting company
- Facilitate payments
- Monitor compliance with reporting deadlines
- Building and maintenance
- Coordinate the ordering of office supplies
- Handling of the daily mail and deliveries
- Liaise with payroll service
- Manage meal voucher system
- Monitoring and update of Human Resources data
- Support recruitment process
- Contribute to staff induction
- Support organisation of Board and General Assembly meetings
- Administer the register containing the names of active members
- Archive decisions, resolutions, minutes of the General Assembly
- Any other administrative task as assigned
Knowledge, experience, interests and skills:
- University degree, preferably in Accounting, Business Studies or a related field
- Knowledge of Belgian law and administration (e.g. accounting, labour, tax company law)
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (written and spoken) is a requirement
- Strong organisational skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment
- An interest in European affairs
- A commitment to the values of Transparency International
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV and cover letter.
Please fill out the online form here by 09:00 CET on 15 July 2019 to submit your application and documents. Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held July 17-19.
Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration or interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.