On 25 January 2018, the Student Transparency Group of the Simone Veil-Promotion of the College of Europe organises its annual Transparency Conference. With the aim of assessing the current state of Transparency in the EU, the conference will start with a panel discussion on the ongoing reforms of the EU lobby register. This will be followed by a series of workshops, moderated by representatives of Transparency International EU and the European Court of Auditors, during which papers written by the students will be presented and discussed.
Please register here.
14:00 – 14:20 Opening address (Room G)
Professor Dr. Olivier Costa, Director of Studies, Department of European Political and Governance Studies, followed by a word from the Student Transparency Group
14:20 – 16:00 Panel discussion: Transparency Register 2.0. – Big step or tripping? (Room G)
Moderator: Mr Leo HOFFMANN-AXTHELM;
- Mr Benedek JAVOR, MEP, Greens/EFA;
- Mr Martin OHRIDSKI, Policy Officer, EC Joint Transparency Register Secretariat;
- Mr Petros FASSOULAS, European Movement International;
16:30 – 17:10 Transparency Labs – Round 1
- T-Lab A: Transparency in party financing, moderated by Raphaël KERGUENO (Transparency International EU)
- T-Lab B: Whistle-Blower protection, moderated by Alexander JOHNSON (Transparency International EU)
17:40 – 18:20 Transparency Labs – Round 2
- T-Lab C: Court of Auditors & Transparency – Martón BARANYI (European Court of Auditors) and Leo HOFFMANN-AXTHELM (Transparency International EU)
- T-Lab D: Country-by-country reporting, moderated by Elena GAITA (Transparency International EU)